Question

stateless in lebanon

• 21 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello my name is khalil, I am a stateless young man, I am 22 years old, I live in Lebanon, the country in which I was born, I suffer a lot, because I am in a country that does not recognize my existence, I have a Laissez-passer that I can travel with, please help me to travel to any country that embraces me and that I can belong to, I have great hope in Life, but I will not be able to live as long as I am in a country that considers me a stranger, even though I was born here. I want to live and feel that I am like other people. I suffer a lot in all fields. There is no medicine, no civil rights, no aid, nothing. Any country that makes me belong to it. I will save him with my soul, I will respect his laws, customs, traditions, people, I will love him as if he was the country in which I was born, please help me ā¤. Whats app : +96170286957 / instagram : khalil.alromhi

3 replies

Userlevel 4

@Khalil.alromhiĀ thank you for sharing this with the community. I am very sorry that your great hope in life is made difficult simply because of the missing recognition by the country you were born in.

Ā 

I am hoping the community can share their experiences with you can support you in this way! @All
šŸŒŸ

Thank you for supporting me šŸ’™

Belonging is an emotional choice. Iā€™m on the opposite end that I didnā€™t want to belong.

(I hold permanent residency in a country so thereā€™s not that much to lose being stateless in my case but it might significantly differ to others)

Ā 

Are you bona fide stateless (e.g. Mike Gogulski), undocumented, or both?

Stateless people arenā€™t inherently ineligible for medicine, civil rights, aid, etc. The problem lies within undocumented people having no proof of any ID whatsoever regardless of any nationalities you might hold.

Ā 

You said that the country doesnā€™t recognise your existence. It doesnā€™t indicate that youā€™re stateless as you might hold a nationality by law. The real problem is your country not recognising your existence, not statelessness itself.

Since you said you have a Laissez-passer, is your birth registered? If so, you might want to start doing research to see what other citizenship you might hold (e.g. more details about your parents).

Ā 

I hope you found a country or countries (or lack of thereof) that you belong on your free will.

Please donā€™t take this as a legal advice, Iā€™m not a lawyer; and sorry for necro-posting.