Skip to main content

Hello to everyone reading this post. Let me tell you a story about myself. I was born in Poland, a beautiful country where people like me aren't given much attention. Like most people in this website, I am stateless. My mother came here over 30 years ago, entering legally for work. She got involved with a man who, to put it mildly, wasn’t the best choice for a father. In short, she didn’t list him as a potential father and instead wrote down her ex-husband. She says she feared potential issues with returning to the country with me. Despite this, they were together. He adopted me. Unfortunately, he passed away before completing all the formalities. He had plenty of time to do it, but as you might guess, alcohol was a problem. They were barely making ends meet, with only my mother working. They were together for over 16 years. In this magical way, I fell into a legislative loop. Today, I am 29 years old and have managed to reach this age without any criminal proceedings. In Poland, there’s no talk of social benefits or other conveniences. The law here completely overlooks people like us. I managed to fall in love, and I’ve been in a stable relationship for 9 years now. It’s getting harder, though, because my girlfriend is slowly starting to think about having children. I don’t want to condemn her to a life with someone who is financially unstable. I hope life will still bring me much good, and I wish the same for you. Few people understand the problems that stateless people face. I’m glad I can share them with you.

Be the first to reply!